Wizards, witches and muggles alike will feel the magic with these delightful Harry Potter-themed recipes.
Since we’re in the middle of our Wizard Pub Crawl tour, we thought having some treat recipes would be a great addition to the Harry Potter-themed drinks we shared last week. These are perfect for a themed party, pregame for the crawl or just to snack on while you binge watch the movies.
1. Butterbeer Pudding Cookies
Butterbeer is a must for any Harry Potter event, and these Butterbeer Cookies are the perfect dessert!
- 1 c butter or margarine, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 box butterscotch pudding
- 2 3/4 c flour
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. In your stand mixer fixed with the paddle attachment, combine butter or margarine and both sugars; add eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk salt, baking soda, and pudding together in a separate bowl. Add to the wet mixture then slowly add flour.
- With a wooden spoon, add chocolate chips and mix in well. Cover and place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet 7-9 minutes, or until light golden brown on top. Move to a cooling rack to cool.
2. Pretzel Wands
These pretzel wands are super simple to make and you can “Alohamora” some magical fun.
- 12 Pretzel rods
- White candy melts or vanilla-flavored almond bark
- Black candy melts
- Milk chocolate morsels
- Star sprinkles
- Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
- Pour candy coating over two-thirds of the pretzel rod and shake gently to remove excess. If applying sprinkles, do so immediately rotating the pretzel rods to coat all sides. Larger sprinkles work best if placed individually.
- Place pretzel rod on waxed paper or cooling rack. (Cook’s notes: Waxed paper makes for easier release.)
- If dipping with additional colored candy melts, allow initial candy coating to set completely. Then, transfer candy melts to a zip-top freezer bag or disposable piping bag with the corner snipped. Drizzle candy coating over the pretzel rods. Before the pretzel sets, gently pick it up and move to clean wax paper.
- Let pretzel rods dry completely before packaging or serving.
Butterbeer Muddy Buddies
This Butterbeer version takes this highly addictive dessert recipe to a whole new level!
- 8 cups Rice Chex Mix
- 1 bag butterscotch chips
- 1 stick butter chopped into small pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp imitation butter flavor
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- lightning bolt sprinkles
- Measure the cereal into a large paper bag.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add butterscotch chips, chopped butter, vanilla extract, and butter flavoring. Begin by heating on 50% power for 30 seconds. Take out and stir. Repeat in 15 second increments until the mixture is melted and smooth. Do not overcook or the butterscotch will scorch!
- Dump the mixture into the brown paper bag with the cereal. Shake to coat! Spread on a cookie sheet and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the mixture back into the bag (you may need a new bag if the first one is too buttery), and add the powdered sugar. Shake again to coat. Add the Toffee Bits and shake again. Serve, sprinkled with lightning bolt sprinkles!
If you’re a Harry Potter fan, then check out our Wizard Pub Crawl!
Join us as we drink potions, cast spells and dance in 16 magical cities this fall. VIP and General tickets are now available.
- custom HP wand and wand box
- signature crawl t-shirt
- house sorting lanyard
- house colored wristband
- HP giveaways
- themed drink specials
- HP bingo
- access into registration and after party
- no cover charge at all participating bars
- and so much more!
We’ll have professional photographers on site at all of our crawls snapping your candid photos and dj’s spinning your favorite HP remixes. Also, show your creativity by dressing in your favorite Harry Potter outfit for a chance to win our Best Dress Contest.
Follow us @ Bar Crawl USA to stay up to date on our upcoming events, view photo albums, and read our 5-star reviews!